Tuesday 18 October 2011

'Men love my 2ft nails!'

Real Life

?Men love my 2ft-long nails!?

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Single mum-of-five Chris Walton doesn?t have to spend hours on her hair and make-up to turn a man?s head ? her 2ft-long nails get her all the attention she needs.

The glam 45 year old claims that far from turning men off, her twisted talons have attracted many admirers since she stopped cutting them 20 years ago.

?Men love my nails. Strangers ask for back scrubs and my last boyfriend thought my nails were really cool. Thankfully I never hurt him,? explains Chris, who?s been single for six years following a six-year relationship.

?I?ve never had any complaints from my lovers. I?m pretty talented in the bedroom,? says Chris, who lives with her daughters Charjel, 26, and Chantel, 27, and grandson Elishah, eight, at her home in Las Vegas in the USA.

Chris stopped tending to her nails back in 1991 because she was too busy bringing up her children and working as a singer. She split from their dad after her youngest child was born.

Incredibly, she claims it wasn?t a conscious choice to grow her nails to 2ft. ?I didn?t notice how long they were getting,? she says. ?Over the years they grew and grew but they curled and stayed out of my way so they?ve never stopped me doing anything. I decided not to cut them because I liked being unique.?

Chris has to modify her clothes with zips as she can?t do up buttons. And she?s had to change how she does her housework, too.

?I use kitchen tongs to take clothes out of the washing machine ? if I tried to put my hands inside I could catch a nail and break it,? says Chris, who covers her nails with acrylic to strengthen them.

?Vacuuming can take up to two hours as sometimes my nails get caught up in the vacuum cord.

?But I?ve learnt to adapt and do things slower than everybody else ? there?s nothing I can?t do. I can still cook for the family, although my children often cook for themselves anyway.?

Chris always attracts lots of attention when she goes shopping. ?I can carry a basket and get stuff off the shelves ? shopping isn?t a problem,? she says. ?I have to clasp coins between my fingers instead of using my fingertips, but I cope.

?Strangers stare at me and take pictures. I don?t mind ? I think it?s cool to be unique. Nobody?s ever said anything negative to me.?

Chris drives an automatic car because she can?t use a gearstick but insists she is safe on the road. She also says she washes her hair and applies� make-up without difficulty. She says: ?People assume I struggle to wash my hair and brush my teeth but I don?t, I use my fingers like everyone else.

?I don?t wear make-up every day but when I do, I can hold my mascara easily.?

Amazingly, Chris says it only takes her an hour and a half to apply nail varnish. But she admits she?s had a few accidents.

?I have caught my daughters in the eye when I?ve been braiding their hair but thankfully I?ve never hurt them,? she says.

Chris, who says she was ?shocked? when she was told she held the world record, adds: ?I?m proud of my nails but if there comes a time when I can?t look after myself, I will cut them off.?�

Chris features in the new Guinness World Records 2012 book,

Source: http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/chris-walton-men-love-my-2ft-nails-holds-world-record.aspx

Nail Transfers Nail Foil Decals Nail Art Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment