Saturday 24 September 2011

?I?m so excited about my 15yo having a baby'

Real Life

Tuesday 23 August 2011

For many parents, the idea of their 15-year-old daughter getting pregnant fills them with horror. But 48-year-old Janis Keaveney can?t wait to help her little girl with motherhood ? saying she?s always supported her dreams.

Janis, from Thornaby, Cleveland, who prides herself on being a good parent, says: ?Soya will be a�wonderful mum.�She can be a bit childish, but she knows the�basics about looking after a baby and I?ll help�her. It?s exciting.?

Closer first spoke to mum-of-four Janis in July 2008 when she backed the schoolgirl?s aspirations to become a model ?�showing off controversial shots of Soya posing in a bikini at 12.

Janis proudly revealed she was funding her daughter?s bid to become famous with her benefits, spending thousands on�singing and acting classes and a trendy wardrobe.

She even boasted about her 5st daughter?s ?six-pack,? which she got from counting calories and doing up to 200 sit-ups a day from the age of eight, in�a bid to look like Cheryl Cole.

By the time Soya was 13, she regularly wore padded bras and crop-tops to under-18s clubs.

Photos of her flaunting herself in an overtly sexual manner caused outrage and attracted emails from strange men when Soya posted them on Facebook.

Disturbingly, her mum said she didn?t worry Soya could be targeted by paedophiles.

?When strange men contact Soya online and make unsavoury suggestions, I just delete them,? Janis told Closer in�2008.

Now Soya is having a baby with�her 17-year-old mechanic boyfriend of�18 months ? who�Janis allows to stay overnight at the family?s three-bed council house,�although not�in the same bedroom.

Despite being unemployed, Janis says she?s looking forward to ?spoiling? the new addition, which is due five days before Soya?s 16th birthday in January.

Janis, who is also mum to Coco, 20, Ritzy, 18, and Soya?s twin brother, Tarot, claims Soya was on the Pill, but other medication prevented it from working.

Janis, who is a full-time carer for disabled Tarot, says: ?When I�saw her belly sticking out, I�knew she was pregnant. I put her on the Pill in January this year ? she?d been dating her boyfriend for over a year, so I�thought they were bound to�want to have sex. I�didn?t want her risking getting pregnant.

?When I found out, I was angry because she?s so young ?�but I said I?d support her.?

According to Janis, Soya was shocked when she found out, but she?s now thrilled about becoming a mum. Janis says: ?She was never going to have an abortion ? she?s against them. I said I?d stick by her whatever she decided to do and her boyfriend will support her. She?ll get child benefit, so she?ll be fine.

?I?ve been on the council?s housing waiting list for two years for a bigger house. It would be nice for the whole family if we were rehoused soon.

?People have said I?m a bad mum because Soya is pregnant at 15, but I?m not. My children have fantastic manners ? I?m very strict about that. I hope Soya is the same with her baby.?

Incredibly, Janis adds: ?She knows about 10 other girls her age in this area who are pregnant, so�she can get tips from them.?

Janis claims Soya?s boyfriend ? who she refuses to name ? will be a good dad, saying: ?He treats her like a princess. They?re in love and want to marry one day.?

But, despite her daughter already being pregnant, she says she won?t let them sleep together at her home until Soya�is 16 because ?laws are there for a reason.?

Soya has now put her modelling dreams on hold and wants to train to be a midwife ? and her mum says she?s even relaxed the strict diet she was on�to stay slim.

Janis says: ?She said she?s looking forward to pigging out and balancing a cup of tea on her�belly. But she?s read Posh lost�her baby weight within weeks after having her kids and�wants to do the same.

?I?m proud of how grown up she has been since finding out about the pregnancy. She?s doing very well ? apart from clashing with the father about names.

?Soya likes Flint for a boy, but her boyfriend hates it. I?m sure she?ll get her way, though!?

Soya says: ?It was a shock, but now I?m really excited. I don?t see what all the fuss is about ?�age shouldn?t matter.?

By Jocelyn Cook

Source: http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/im-excited-about-my-15-year-old-having-a-baby.aspx

Manicure Nail Art Supplies Acrylic Nail Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment